see all facilities
- Airport/Train/Bus pick-up service
- Baggage store
- Internet access (wireless) in public areas
- Ironing facilities
- Wakeup call
- Non-smoking (throughout)
- Lock-up facility for bicycles
Payment At Property
Cash (Sterling), Credit card, Debit card, Cheque
Support for the Mobility ImpairedWe have a few shallow steps up to our main entrance. Our dining room is on the ground floor. We have ground floor bedrooms.
Support for the Visually ImpairedWe have a copy of our menus in braille.
Mount Edgcombe is a detached, family run guest house situated in a level location, convenient for all local amenities and within easy walking distance of the seafront, Torre Abbey and Gardens, The Riviera Conference and Leisure Centre, Railway Station and Torquay Harbour. Our aim is to ensure that you have an enjoyable holiday in an informal and relaxed atmosphere.
All of our bedrooms are comfortably furnished and ensuite with showers. They are all centrally heated and equipped with colour television and tea/coffee making facilties. We have ground floor and first floor bedrooms with access available at all times. We consider food to be an important part of your holiday, so every meal is freshly prepared by us and special diets are catered for with prior notice. Our guests enjoy the relaxed atmosphere of our bright and cheerfully decorated dining room where breakfast is normally served between 8.15am and 9.15am and evening meals at 6.30pm.
If you are going to one of Torquay's theatres or have a young family for example, times may be changed to suit. We have a welcoming Olde Worlde Bar at the Mount Edgcombe where your days adventures may be shared with other guests over a drink. The warmth and cosiness of the bar make it the ideal place to spend a quiet evening in. We also have a TV lounge for guests if they prefer. We feel that for a value for money holiday on the English Riviera you need look no further than the Mount Edgcombe Hotel and we look forward to welcoming you.
Environmental StatementIn all our activities, we will continuously work towards reducing our impact on the environment without compromising the quality of our service and the comfort of our guests.In order to work towards this commitment, we will:
- Support West Country businesses and reduce ‘food miles’ by purchasing local produce and using local suppliers.
- Reduce traffic congestion and pollution in and around Torbay by actively promoting the use of public transport.
- Support local initiatives that aim to encourage an appreciation of the Devon coast and countryside.
- Reduce our energy and water consumption through measures such as increased efficiency, regular monitoring and informed purchasing.
- Create less waste through a policy of waste reduction, re-use and recycling.