Hotel/Pub.The Wellington Hotel is an imposing granite building that was built before the Battle of Waterloo. It was converted into a hotel in 1813 and named after the The Iron Duke (Arthur Wellesley; 1769-1852) (photo of painting) after he allegedly stayed here. It has been extensively modernised in recent years.
The bar is popular with the locals and is a centre for much of the social life of this small friendly Cornish town. If you have a good joke to tell, this is the place to do it! St. Just has all amenities: A small supermarket, a grocery store, a green grocer, bakers, butchers, hairdressers, cafés, chinese takeaway, pubs, a hardware store, craft shops and art galleries, a pottery, a library and a doctor's surgery.
The nearby parish church holds all usual Anglican services. A Roman Catholic mass is held in Penzance. Also within sight is the Methodist chapel, claimed to be one of the most impressive in Cornwall and St Just Free church. Parking is available in the Market Square (photo) outside, in quiet streets nearby or a large free car park which is within easy walking distance of the hotel. Bus services which link with all the Cornish tourist centres operate from close to the hotel and it is perfectly possible to enjoy a stay at St. Just without a car. The local beauty spots of Carn Bosavern, Carn Gloose, Cape Cornwall (photo), (the only cape in England), and Cot Valley are within walking distance.